In Maintenance and Salt Compared to Non-Electric Options for Only a Few Dollars a Year in Electricity
- Culligan’s Electric softeners are consistently a Consumer Digest Best Buy.
- Non-electric water softeners can use up to 2.5 times more salt and 7.5 times more water.
- Culligan “water sensing” technology automatically adjusts to the hardness of your water as it varies throughout the year.
- The electricity used by a Culligan softener only costs a few dollars a year.
- If you have well water with sediment or iron a non-electric unit will likely break or simply not work at all.
- Non-electric units require an expensive pre-filter that requires regular replacement.
- You will notice a significant loss of water pressure with a non-electric unit because it “steals” water pressure when the water is running to regenerate.